STL POKER

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Bits and Pieces

I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday for free. I am okay, because not only am I smarter than I look, I am tougher than I look too. You don't work construction out the the Laborers International Union of North America for 25 years being soft. If you can believe it, I actually had a blast at the dentist office. O'Fallon Family Dental Care had a special promotion, offering people without dental insurance their choice of a free cleaning, free filling or free extraction. The staff was a sweet bunch of cuties and I highly recommend this group -- also got a coupon for a $59 xray and teeth cleaning for Monday. God Bless these people and if you are local, you should take your business to this group. Heartland Dental Care ran the promotion and be on the lookout for other promotions at other HDC offices in the coming months. I have never been to the dentist, had such a serious procedure done, and somehow it turn into a party.

WSOP Circuit St. Louis - If you are looking for some solid podcast and radio coverage of this stop, you can do no better than Dennis Phillips, Paul Harris and The Final Table Radio Show The boys have been doing this show for years, and it is first-rate. As far as my scheduled appearance on Short Stacked Radio last night, I cancelled due to the dentist, but I also must confess there has also been some creative differences. Tune in later...

The Top Secret Project - I am working on something big and it is huge development for this blog, Scotty Clark Poker.com . And when you venture into uncharted territory like I am about to venture into, it really becomes about money. I have never been one to chase dollars, but the fact remains, in this society you need them to get it done. I have negotiated with a sponsor to fund this project in theory at this time, and I will be at Harrahs today, playing in the cash games and getting other duckies in a row. Count on me to release more developments in the future, as I progress in this regard.

Windy City Poker Championship (Season Three) - The show debuted last Sunday, April 08 on Comcast Sports.net in Chicago. The action airs every Sunday with new episodes from the 2011 Windy City Poker Championship. This poker series features professional players and local rounders competing in great tournaments, all while raising money and awareness for the H-Foundation. One episode features a Heads-Up match between 2007 WSOP Champ Jerry Yang, and 2010 WPT Player of the Year Faraz Jaka. Then look for coverage of the $1,500 winner take all tournament featuring Rick Rahim, Nick Brancato, Jerry Yang, Paul Fisher, Meg Bertini, Chad Brown, Richard Roeper, David Kaplan, Nikki Griffith and Faraz Jaka. The WCPC is produced by Fallah Productions Inc, and Jason Finn brings you the commentary.

No comments: